Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 4th: Budapest Day Four

June 4th

Today we had a business visit to Ustream.Tv. We met with Mr. Peter Szilagyi who was a knowledgebase expert who explained to us what Ustream is and how it operates. Ustream is the worlds most social and scalable live video platform, which means that you can have live video chats from anywhere in the world to anywhere else in the world. Mr. Szilagyi explained to us that this is a company that has many young workers and the building that Ustream operates in is a very modern and laid back place. I really enjoyed this business visit and found it very interesting.

After our business visit we then went and had a coffee in the oldest coffee place in Europe, 'The New York Cafe.' This cafe was absolutely STUNNING and although my hot chocolate ended up costing me 8$ it was totally worth it.

After our coffee break we went and did a 'Lock Room,' where you get locked in a room and have to do all these different puzzles and brainteasers to get out. My group consisted of Molly, Courtney, Sarah, Eliana, Morgan, and I and we were placed in the 'Egyptian' room. My group and I ended up winning and we all had an awesome time!!

After the lock room Molly, Courtney, and I went back to the hotel to change. We then went with Vish to grab some lunch at a place that had burgers and played country music (we felt as if we were home!) and then we did some souvenir shopping. After that we headed up to 'Buda' to hike around and look at all the different sites, we ended up hiking up to the liberty statue that had the best view I had ever seen of Budapest and watched the sunset before hiking back down. We then went to a little restaurant and ordered a pizza. Then we returned to the hotel where had to pack to pack our things, we leave for Vienna tomorrow!

I absolutely LOVE Budapest and I know for sure that I want to return here someday! :)




UStream! So Awesome!




The New York Cafe!



The Egyptian lock room



Hiking around Buda! 



The beautiful view from the Gillert Hill!



The Liberty Statue located on top of the Gillert Hill, it was built to commemorate those who sacrificed their lives to help gain Hungary its independence.



Look who I found in Budapest- SPONGEBOB! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment